For our OFFICIAL take on the legendary New Orleans classic, the Hurricane, we went old school and used the ORIGINAL secret hurricane ingredient: FASSIONOLA!
In my very humble opinion, a Hurricane with homemade Fassionola syrup is the end-all, be-all of Hurricane cocktails. Sure, you could use Pat O’Briens’s hurricane mix*, but that’s essentially corn syrup, citric acid, and red food coloring. Convenient? Sure. A proper real-deal Hurricane? Ehhh… I’m not convinced.
This Very Good Hurricane is very fruity, with big Hawaiian punch vibes… in the most grown-up kind of way. This is what you want in your hand anytime you’re trying to have a BIG EASY kind of time.
- 60 ml or 2 oz Very Good Fassionola Syrup
- 30 ml or 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 30 ml or 1 oz clementine juice (sub reg. orange if needed)
- 45 ml or 1.5 oz rhum agricole or jamaican style rum
- 45 ml or 1.5 oz dark rum or aged rum
1. add all ingredients into a shaker tin
2. shake well until chilled and diluted
3. dump contents of shaker into a large cocktail class
4. top up with fresh ice and garnish to your liking
you may sub fassionola with passionfruit syrup and grenadine. we would suggest roundabouts 40 ml passionfruit to 20 ml grenadine.