The Old Fashioned is ubiquitous in the world of cocktails—Oaxacan old fashioned, rum old fashioned, the one with the muddled cherries and the seltzer… There have been many takes on the OG cocktail but never like this one. I present to you “The Reverse Old Fashioned”. A bartendery as hell take that flips the classic on its head; reversing the ratio of whiskey and angostura bitters, this O.F. variant is big, bold, and bitter af.
How To Make Rye Whiskey Syrup:
Add 25g Turbinado sugar to 25g 100 proof Rye Whiskey, stir or shake in an airtight container until sugar is dissolved. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
*Note* you may microwave syrup for 10-15 seconds to aid in dissolving sugar quicker.
- 2 oz Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 0.5 oz Rye Whiskey Syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
- Orange & Lemon Expression (Oils)
- Build cocktail in mixing glass or double rocks glass
- Add ice and stir to chill and dilute
- Strain over large ice cubes into a double rocks glass
- Express citrus oils
- Enjoy 🙂