Since the making of this video I have fallen deeply madly in love with this drink. It is now my favorite drink.
Seriously this is one of the tastiest things I’ve made in a long time and I am down bad for the 50/50 tomato marg. It really is everything I’m looking for in a cocktail.
For starters, it’s a Margarita. Easy points. The crushability of this marg is then amplified by the fact that’s it’s a lower ABV slammer WITH manzanilla. Big points.
Finally the smoky savoriness of the mezcal / tomato combo is just so satisfying and keeps me coming back for more… and more… and MOAR! Off the charts 📈
**to make salted tomato syrup, add 150g ripe tomato to 150g white sugar. Let macerate overnight at room temp, strain and add 2% salt by weight (3g)** Big thanks to Natasha Bermudez for bringing this into our lives 🙏
- •1 oz mezcal (Madre Mezcal Espadin)
- •1 oz manzanilla sherry (Bodegas Barbadillo)
- •3/4 oz salted tomato syrup**
- •3/4 oz super lime juice
- Add ingredients to a shaker tin
- Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds
- strain or dirty dump into a salt and peppered double rocks glass
- garnish with cherry tomatoes
Try using a ratio of 1.5 oz manzanilla to 0.5 oz mezcal for those who like a lighter and less smoky result!