Knafeh is a popular Arab dessert and the Ramos Gin Fizz is a New Orleans classic, put them together and what do you get? This video I guess.
GHEE WASHED ARAK 🧈
Add 1 tablespoon ghee to 1 cup of arak, allow to sit 48 hours before freezing and fine straining through wet paper towel.
PISTACHIO ORGEAT 🌰
See our ORGEAT recipe! Just swap the almond for pistachio!
- 1.5 oz ghee arak
- 1 oz pistachio orgeat
- 3/4 oz lemon
- 1 Tbsp greek yogurt
- 1/2 oz heavy cream
- 3/4 oz aquafaba (or 1 egg white)
- Sparkling water
- Orange blossom water
- -Dry shake all ingredients together in the tin for 3-5 minutes
- -Add a large 30-40g ice cube (you can use a few small pieces of ice). Shake until the ice is melted completely (3-5 minutes).
- -Into a frozen collins glass, pour soda water into the glass at the same time (about 1/3 of the way up the glass)
- -Pour the cocktail into the glass just below the rim of the glass (reserving a small portion of the cocktail, about 1-2 ounces, in the tin)
- - Put the glass and your shaker tin with reserve cocktail into the refrigerator for a few minutes (3-5 minutes is usually what we do)
- - Remove the glass, poke a hole in the top of the cocktail with a straw or barspoon.
- - Quickly and with conviction, pour the remaining cocktail from the tin into the collins glass, this will push the head of the cocktail to the top. (If you don’t have very much reserved cocktail in the tin, pour a small amount (1 ounce) of soda water into the tin and swirl to incorporate
- -top with aromatic orange blossom water and enjoy 🙂
Learn more about Arak here👇